Alexandra Lodges, Bestwood Country Park

The NBPT are currently commissioned to carry out a Feasibility and Options Appraisal for the future use of the building designed by SS Teulon in the 1870’s. The buildings and park are in the ownership of Nottinghamshire County Council who look after them in conjunction with Gedling Borough Council. The NBPT first reported on the lodges, named after a visit by Princess Alexandra, in the 1980’s when the County Council carried out extensive repair works following a period of neglect and vandalism. The report can be read in the Conservation in Notts Newsletter of Spring 1984.